Saturday, October 8, 2011

Waiting

These last 47 days have been an exercise in waiting. I have had an "extreme" summer and was eagerly anticipating a return to normalcy come September 12th when I began my sixth year of teaching preschool. It is always such a joy to meet new 4 year-olds, their parents, their siblings.

Cancer brings with it many things. One of the biggies is waiting. Waiting for results. Waiting for appointments. Waiting for call-backs on lab work and scheduling, and in my case, waiting for my surgeon to return after his vacation. It can be so frustrating!

A dear friend of mine sent me this article. I highly recommend it for anyone who is waiting for anything. (yep, that's YOU!)



3 comments:

Timsha said...

That cartoon to the right is SOOOOOOO funny! And why are you making me laugh so much in this blog on a VERY serious topic?!!!! :D

Lorie Ann Grover said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lorie Ann Grover said...

Brilliant essay. Thanks for the link!